eduCORP Study Of New Zealand
About New Zealand
New Zealand is situated in the southern pacific island to the east of Australia, just 3 hours by flight from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. New Zealand is roughly the size of Japan or California, divided into two main islands, North Island & south island having population of 4 million 14% of the total population are migrants from all over the world.
New Zealand is becoming the first choice for international students due to its quality of education and global recognition of its qualification. New Zealand universities and institutions provide international student a unique learning environment supported by integrated education system.
Education System in New Zealand
In New Zealand, students are taught in an English speaking environment. New Zealand Education operates on the British based system that is recognized globally, so you can move between institutions in New Zealand or other English speaking countries while you study. All courses offered to international students through universities, ITP (institute of Technology and polytechnics) or PTE (Private Training Providers) should have NZQA approval. NZQA (New Zealand Qualification Authority) is a government body responsible to ensure quality of qualification offered.
Types of schools and institutions in New Zealand:
All courses offered to international students through universities, ITP (institute of Technology and polytechnics) or PTE (Private Training Providers) should have NZQA approval. NZQA (New Zealand Qualification Authority) is a government body responsible to ensure quality of qualification offered.
ITP - Institutes of Technology & Polytechnics: State owned. 21 ITPs. Major intakes: February & July and alternate intakes in April /November
Universities : Research based and state owned, Offer course from certificate level through to doctorates. 8 Universities. Major intakes - February & July
Private Training Providers (PTE's). Offers mainly business or travel and tourism. Registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Have multiple intakes
- Minimum : 12th Std
- IELTS - 5.5
- Minimum 18 years of age
Courses in New Zealand
- Generally 6 months -1 year in duration.
- Students who are not eligible for Diploma/Degree are recommended pathway courses or as pre-requisite study.
- Diploma courses are available in all various streams. Mainly offered at ITPs and PTEs
- Bachelors Wide range of degrees are available with universities, ITPs and PTEs.
- One year full time qualification offered at universities, ITPs or PTEs.
- Generally offered to degree holders of any stream.
Post Graduate Diploma
A one year qualification designed for graduates who wish to specialize further in the same subject areas of their previous degree. This could be a part of masters if students fulfill all relevant criteria to proceed with masters
PhD qualifications are completely research based qualifications which take minimum of 3 years full time study period. Eligibility criteria requires students to be proficient in research and most students get enrolled on scholarship basis
- A two year qualification offered to graduates with degree in relevant area of study.
- Duration may be 2 years; Coursework or combination of coursework and Thesis.
- Offered by universities, ITPs and PTEs. Some might require work experience.
Academic requirement for various courses will vary from selection of institution and specialization. General English language requirement would be as follows, however some specific course might have higher English language criteria.
|Graduate Diploma||1 year||6/6.5||14,000-20,000NZ$|
|Post Graduate Diploma||1 year||6.5||16,000-26,000NZ$|
Part Time Job
Tertiary students may be allowed to work up to 20 hours per week. Students will need a ‘Variation of Conditions’ to their Study Visa / Permit to work in New Zealand. Visit the Immigration New Zealand Website to apply.
Documents Required for Admission:
- Educational Certificate from Std X, Individual&consolidated mark sheet & degree
- Passport ( Front + Back)
- Work Exp Letter
Applying for a Study Permit
International students are required by New Zealand Immigration to have sufficient funds in advance to cover their tuition fees and expenses for the entire course of study and to have travel and medical insurance coverage for the full duration of their stay in New Zealand.
Documents Required for VISA
- Educational Certificate from 10th std, Indiv & consolidated marksheet and degree
- All originals copy attested by a Lawyer
- Passport all pages
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Affidavit Sponsor in Rs. 20 stamp paper
- Fund Proof ( You can maintain this balance in ANZ Bank)
- Tution fee paid proof - Receipt
- Visa Application
- Visa Fee - Rs. 6400 as Draft payable at NZ
- Financial Undertaking signed by the Guarantor
- Medical Report from approved hospitals by High Commission, NZ